I was born in 1982. I don’t really need any signs to tell me I was born in the 80’s. One day though, I might. I can already tell my mental acuity is declining and if I look at some of the folks I know who were born in the 70’s I can clearly see it’s not going to get any better. Don’t even get me started about people born in the 60’s.
The 80’s were the decade of Alf, Ronald Reagan, Marty McFly, and more. It’s really, really hard to pick and choose only ten signs that someone was an 80’s baby. There was He-Man, Thundercats, Miami Vice, crimped hair, and more cocaine than something that has a lot of cocaine. Still, I promised you something awesome everyday and, though I regularly fail at that, I am going to succeed today. After much consideration, research, and thought here are the 10 Signs You Were Born in the 1980’s.
1. Your birthday has 1980 in it.
2. Your birthday has 1981 in it.
3. Your birthday has 1982 in it.
4. Your birthday has 1983 in it.
5. Your birthday has 1984 in it.
6. Your birthday has 1985 in it.
7. Your birthday has 1986 in it.
8. Your birthday has 1987 in it.
9. Your birthday has 1988 in it.
10. Your birthday has 1989 in it.
Phew. I never thought we’d make it. There it is. That’s the definitive list. I know, some people wanted Joey Lawrence to make an appearance, but he didn’t even crack the top 12. Here are two honorable mentions:
1. 11. Your birthday has 1990 in it.
1. 12. Your birthday has 1979 in it.
Let’s be real, if you were born in 1990 it was still the 80’s. The 90’s didn’t start until Ice Ice Baby came out. You almost count. You can be a hashtag: #honorablemention
Just because I’m nice, here’s Joey Lawrence. Like, whoa.